[WARNING: The following contains MAJOR spoilers for The Walking Dead Season 11 episode 4, “Rendition.”]
First was Woodberry. Then it was the Messiah (and their dog food sandwich, and the repetitive “Easy Street”). And now, Darryl (Norman Reedus) I was captured by yet another enemy group. But this time there is a twist.
After Maggie (Lauren Cohan) The group is attacked and Darryl escapes himself. He comes across several reapers chasing him and his dog. Surprisingly, or depending on how carefully you watched the Season 11 trailer, it may not come as a surprise, but one of them is Lear (Lynn Collins). She and her “family” capture Darryl and water him for information, but he doesn’t want to tell it. He claims he’s still alone there, just as Leah first met him, and he deals with them. Through all this, the rear is cold and calculated. Their first reunion is completely emotionless and she seems to care little about their history and any emotions Darryl may still have on her.
But that changes when the group returns with a dead grim reaper. After seeing the corpse and welcoming their leader, the Pope (Ritchie Coster), Leah returns to imprisoned Darryl.She says the dead man was “like a younger brother” [she] I never had it, but I always wanted it, “she asked Darryl to tell her what she knew about the group that attacked them. Otherwise, she is afraid that the Pope will get him out of his anger. Reluctantly, Darryl does undetailed things about the group — its leader was a woman, with a priest and a tall, slender man — but he lied about their numbers, far more than the reapers. say.
Lear believes in his words. She negotiates with the Pope and takes Darryl to the squad’s location, which leads him to a wooden hut. Lear says the Pope is right there, but the place is lit before either of them can leave. Darryl gives Leah a bandana to allow her to smoke. Then he breaks through the window and pulls out both. Apparently, this was part of the plan: after he released both, he was put into the Reapers. This seems to be just slightly better than wearing the “A” jumpsuit that the Savior gave him.
Then he sits down and drinks and smokes with the Pope. Lear previously told him that she was a mercenary after she returned from Afghanistan, but the Pope further explains a little about the religious aspects of the Reapers and a little background. He and his troops say they “saw God” every day on the battlefield, but they really believed they were the chosen people after evacuating to the church in the fall. Since then, they have been sticking together as a family.
However, there are drawbacks to sticking together as a family. At the end of the episode, Darryl joins the group in a fire in search of food … and things go dark. The Pope asks one of the men the Grim Reaper was on a dead mission about his wounds — and specifically why all his wounds are on his back. Apparently, the Pope believes that he died because he ran away from him. “Never turn your back on your family,” says the Pope, and then he pushes the man into flames and holds him there. Leah and Daryl shared a look, and so Daryl Dixon got out of the frying pan and went into the fire.
- I’m not sure what the show is trying to do with Leah, and about Leah Darryl as a whole. She wondered if she would be a reaper from the season 11 trailer, but it seems strange that Darryl left a note and said he was with her and they made her up. She was literally torturing him.
- My heart sank when I saw the dog choose Lear over Darryl. Don’t do that, dog!
- At first, I didn’t know why Lear didn’t provide more help to Darryl in the hut-burning scene, but now I realize it’s his strength and intended as his only test. Since she was there, they could see Darryl treating her as a “family” and saving her or just herself.
- This episode, at least in my opinion, reminded me of how many hypocrites Lear were. She got angry with Darryl to be with her family and look for Rick (Andrew Lincoln), but the moment she learned that her family was still alive and there, she (and her dog)? ?) Left for them. With that in mind, I haven’t really seen them come back together.
- So … the Pope mentioned the church where the group pierced, which sounded like Alden is currently evacuating. The poor man is almost certainly a success, right?
- Rating: 2.5 / 5. Despite the rear twist, this episode was late. Maggie Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) Plots, or anything related to the Commonwealth. I hope to see you again next week.
walking Dead, Sunday, 9 / 8c, AMC