“Playful, happy and above all else, colourful – three words that perhaps best describe the eternally optimistic designer Mira Mikati and her vibrantly kitsch collections… The designer’s kaleidoscopic ready to wear, accessories and collaborative capsules are the sort of instant mood-boosting items a world in crisis so desperately needs”
Claire Carruthers, VOGUE
Founded by Creative Director Mira Mikati in 2015 – Mira Mikati (the brand) has gained a cult following with street style starlets and style-savvy celebrities with its timeless silhouettes, dedication to colour, and tactile showcases. Collections of carefree-meets-cool designs span the realms of playfully gamine and candidly feminine—all while channelling inspirational undertones hatched from art world collaborations with personal idols like KAWS, Darcel, Jack Pierson, MR, and Javier Calleja, adventure-filled travels, and a resistance to the idea of sartorial conventionality. The infectious, whimsical spirit is reflective of Mikati’s own ultra-upbeat outlook on life.
With an internationally followed flag-ship store on Walton Street (London), Mira Mikati’s partners include Browns, Harrods and Le Bon Marche – and the brand services an incredibly engaged global community of taste-makers across the U.K., U.S., Europe, Middle East, North America and Asia.
The Role: Freelance Print and Textile Designer
Mira Mikati are looking for a Freelance Print and textile designer to join a team of vibrant, results-driven individuals, and bring to life the Mira Mikati whimsical and happy world via prints and textiles,
Collaborating with the team of Mira Mikati, the Freelance Print and Textile designer will focus on print design and textile development, including embroidery and trims development.
This role would suit candidates with at least 3 years of experience in the fast-paced fashion environment.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
• Creative research for the seasonal mood board for print design, textiles technique and color palette.
• Working closely with the creative director and design team to design and develop original prints and textile for the main collection, accessories and capsule collections.
• Engineering artworks for different print and textiles application, including embroidery and trims.
• Applying print and textiles designs to relevant garments or product surfaces with understandings of patterns and costings.
• Producing detailed design packs with specification sheets to an exceptional level to achieve the best communication with suppliers and factories.
• Creating creative digital content for the e-commerce and sales department.
The Successful Candidate
• A good understanding of the aesthetic of the brand and the target customer.
• Strong design sensibility, design concepts and attention to detail.
• Passion for fashion, print, textiles, street culture, music and art.
• Excellent colors and illustration skills both by hand and by computer.
• In-depth knowledge of CAD systems, especially Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Technical understanding of a variety of printing techniques and fabrication behaviors when printing.
• Experience in producing high standard print artworks for all over repeat prints, placement prints and motif design.
• Technical understanding of a variety of embroidery and textiles application.
• Experience working with print and textiles mills and suppliers worldwide.
• Flexible and efficient, able to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
• A good team player
• Good organizational and communication skills.
Mira Mikati is an equal opportunities employer – and welcomes candidate submissions from all backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures.
For further information, please get in touch with a cover letter, resumé and portfolio.