POSITION TITLE: Freelance Grant Writer
CLASSIFICATION: Temporary, Part Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Advancement
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Grant writer to join our organization. If you are an experienced grant writer with understanding of non-profit management, great writing skills, and detail-oriented, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Public Media Group of Southern California is looking for a part-time grant writer to join the Institutional Giving team from mid-December through April/May. The position will be approximately 25-35 hours a week, and report to the Director of Advancement.
The grant writer will primarily focus on our news and journalism, social justice and environmental programming. The Institutional Giving team is highly collaborative and depending on deadlines, the grant writer might be asked to assist on other proposals around arts and culture and early childhood education.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to submit grant proposals and reports to institutional funders (foundation, corporate, and government grant makers).
- Gather or prepare supplementary attachments for submissions, including budgets, timelines, biographies, visual aids and associated materials.
- Attend meetings with individual program managers, and additional staff members as needed.
- Prospect research for new grant opportunities that align with PMGSC’s strategic priorities.
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Minimum of three years of experience with foundation, corporate and government grant writing.
- Experience with Raisers Edge or a similar database would be helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.