FREELANCE ARCHITECT POSITIONS
Frank Mazzarella, Architect is a small but growing architecture firm with experience working on modern cultural and institutional projects in Europe as well as residential and commercial projects in the United States, which have been showcased in a variety of international publications.
Our firm creates unique, site-specific, sustainable, well-crafted contemporary architecture which is capable of effortlessly coexisting in historic urban environments as well as natural settings. Recent local projects include structures for a municipal park, a community cowork space and a number of residential projects involving renovations, additions or new construction.
Our office is currently based in the Village of Rhinebeck, in New York’s Hudson Valley region, 100 miles north of New York City. We cultivate a pleasant, healthy atmosphere in which to work, learn and progress as one takes on new responsibilities.
We are currently seeking freelance assistants to work on several residential projects. Applicants will be required, health guidelines permitting, to work in our office a minimum of one or two days a week and may work remotely for the remainder of the week. The position will involve working in small teams, following several projects from Preliminary Design through Construction Documents and collaborating closely with the firm’s Principal.
Applicant’s qualifications should include:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited school
- Experience in Construction Documents and detailing
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, technology and construction
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members and consultants
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills
- Advanced computer skills with AutoCAD and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Revit and SketchUp
- Authorization to work in the United States
- The ability to travel to our office and maintain frequent telephone and/or video communication
- The following additional skills will also be taken into consideration:
- Experience working with 3d modeling, lighting and rendering programs
- Experience making physical models
Compensation shall be based on applicant’s abilities and relative experience.
Please email us pdf files (5mb max.) of your resume, cover letter, and samples of professional work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.