This year has been like any other due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and that includes the sports season. When the pandemic hit in March, sporting events around the world were canceled or postponed. Some leagues and tournaments were forced to cancel, others paused with the hope of restarting, but all had to adjust in some way.
As the world continues to navigate the pandemic, many sports leagues that paused in March have since created a plan to restart found a safe way to carry out their season. For instance, the NBA and NHL had «bubbles» for players to live in. In other sports, fans are not permitted at many events and new health protocols have been put in place.
Stay up to date with what games are on by checking out our daily schedule of sporting events.
Today’s sporting events:
Wednesday, December 9
UEFA Champions League, Group Stage
- Ajax Amsterdam vs. Atalanta, 12:55 p.m.
- FC Midtjylland vs. Liverpool, 12:55 p.m.
- Paris Saint-Germain vs. Istanbul Basaksehir, 12:55 p.m.
- Bayern Munich vs. Lokomotiv Moscow, 3 p.m.
- FC Salzburg vs. Atletico Madrid, 3 p.m.
- Internazionale vs.Shakhtar Donetsk, 3 p.m.
- Manchester City vs. Marseille, 3 p.m.
- Olympiakos vs. FC Porto, 3 p.m.
- Real Madrid vs. Borussia Monchengladbach, 3 p.m.
Men’s College Basketball
- Rhode Island vs. No. 13 Wisconsin, 4:30 p.m.
- Northern Iowa vs. No. 19 Richmond, 6 p.m.
- Abilene Christian vs. No. 17 Texas Tech, 7 p.m.
- Indiana vs. No. 20 Florida State, 7:15 p.m.
- Stephen F. Austin vs. No. 2 Baylor, 8 p.m.
- Texas State vs. No. 13 Texas, 8 p.m.
- No. 4 Michigan State vs. No. 18 Virginia, 8 p.m.
Women’s College Basketball
- Butler vs. No. 19 Michigan, 1 p.m.
- UC Santa Barbara vs. No. 11 UCLA, 2 p.m.
- Idaho vs. No. 23 Texas, 2 p.m.
- No. 2 Louisville vs. Duke, 7 p.m.
- Marshall vs. No. 9 Kentucky, 7 p.m.
- Elon vs. No. 4 NC State, 7:15 p.m.
- No. 13 Arkansas vs. SMU, 8 p.m.
Here’s an overall look at the current 2020 sports calendar
U.S. Women’s Open: December 10 – 13, 2020
The USGA rescheduled the U.S. Women’s Open from the original June 4-7 date. It will be played over two courses due to less daylight in December.
2020 Summer Olympics: Summer 2021